/Divorce Lawyers in Clinton Charter Township
Divorce Lawyers in Clinton Charter Township
When you need to hire a divorce attorney, you want one who has been practicing law for many years and who offers a wide range of legal services which cover your needs. We can provide you with an expert and experienced litigation attorney who will fight on your behalf in the courtroom to achieve the best possible outcome.
New clients always have several main questions when asking about an MI Divorce (Michigan divorce).
- Michigan is what is known as a no-fault state, so there is no need to prove fault when filing for divorce.
- The court will consider fault (such as spousal abuse) when making judgments on spousal support, child custody, and parenting time.
- To file for divorce in Michigan, you must have been resident there for 180 days before filing. To file in Macomb County, you must have been resident in that county for 10 days before filing.
- Michigan normally considers that it is in the best interest of any children to have input from and access to both parents.
- If there was domestic violence or other abuse within the family, this may affect if the abusive parent has any access to children
- When deciding on child support orders, the judge uses the incomes of both parents as the primary factor. They may also take other circumstances into account.
- A child will be supported until the age of 18, or until 19½ if still in high school.
Speak to the Best
If you reside in Clinton Township or Mount Clemens, then our law firm in nearby Troy is conveniently located to serve your interests. While our primary area of practice law is family law, we also represent clients across several areas of the law, including criminal defense and personal injury. Our university of Michigan law attorney graduate has many years of experience in providing legal services and advice. You can book a free consultation at our law office in Troy to discuss your case and so we can advise you on what your next steps should be. Call us now on 248-688-0045.