Divorce Lawyers in Farmington Hills
When you are considering hiring a divorce attorney in Oakland County, then you want someone with extensive experience of family law issues. Someone who will represent you in any mediation and in court when the time comes. Divorce can be a smooth but complicated process, and by having competent legal representation, you will find it easier to get to a positive outcome.
What Are the Main Things to Know About Divorce in Michigan?
- Michigan is a no-fault state. That means you do not need to show any reason for the divorce beyond breakdown of the marriage.
- Some faults will be considered by the judge when they make decisions on some elements of the divorce.
- If you file for divorce in Michigan, you need to have been resident there for 180 days prior to the filing. To file in a particular county, you must have been resident in that county for 10 days.
- Michigan courts normally views that it is in the best interest of any children to have input from and access to both parents.
- If there was domestic violence or any other form of abuse within the family, this may well affect decisions on alimony, child custody, and parenting time.
- When deciding on a child support order, the court uses the incomes of both parents as a primary deciding factor. They may also take other elements and circumstances into account.
- A child will be supported until 18, or until 19½ if they are still in high school at that age.
Hire the Super Lawyers
When you are looking at Divorce lawyers in Michigan, Michigan Premier Law should be your first choice. Our law offices cover several areas of practice law, including family law matters, a property division, and years of experience at every level of the court system, including the court of appeals. Fully qualified from the state bar of Michigan, our experienced attorney can help you with many legal matters including estate planning.
We are here to offer professional legal advice and competent representation in any court hearing. For residents of Bloomfield Hills and Farmington Hills, Michigan, call today to book your free initial consultation on 248-688-0045.